THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
The LASUCOM Health Professions Entrepreneurship Training Program (HPETP) is a part of LASU Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies (LASU-CES).
COURSES RUN BY THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
- ENT 202 Basic Principles of Entrepreneurship – (3 Units) Second Semester
- ENT 302 Practical Entrepreneurship – (3 Units) Second Semester
EXTERNAL CERTIFICATE COURSES
- Certificate Course in Medical Entrepreneurship (CME)
- Certificate Course in Health Professions Entrepreneurship (CHPE)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Lagos State University Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who are desirous of acquiring entrepreneurial skills in medical and health professions for admission into The Centre’s under-listed Entrepreneurship Certificate Programmes for the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
These short week-end programs are hands-on, real life practical training suitable for workers. The courses are designed to motivate leadership and for the development or enhancement of initiatives in the Health Sector. They are held at Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM), 1 Oba Akinjobi Way, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos.
For more information, visit https://lasucom.edu.ng/medical-entrepreneurship-training/ or call College Entrepreneurship Courses Coordinator: +2348160944635 or +2348176984127 (WhatsApp) between the hours of 8am – 5pm or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Courses are in collaboration with Strategic Insights; call +2347087733114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|CERTIFICATE COURSES IN MEDICAL AND HEALTH PROFESSIONS ENTREPRENEURSHIP|
|COURSE NAME||DURATION||DATE||REGISTRATION FEE||COURSE FEE||QAULIFIED PARTICIPANTS||AWARDS|
|1||Certificate Course in Medical Entrepreneurship
ENT CME 090819
|4 week-ends (9am-5pm Fri &Sat; 8h /day – total of 64 h)||August: 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th, 30th, & 31st 2019||N5,000.00||N200,000.00||First degree in Medicine or Dentistry such as MBBS or BDS; a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, a Bachelor of Science in a medical or clinical science, or a Higher National Diploma in a medical or clinical science from an accredited institution.||Certificate in Medical Entrepreneurship plus CME credits|
|2||Certificate Course in Health Professions Entrepreneurship
ENT CHPE 090819
|4 week-ends (9am-5pm Fri &Sat; 8h /day – total of 64 h)||August: 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th, 30th, & 31st 2019||N5,000.00||N250,000.00||First degree in a medical or clinical science, or a Higher National Diploma in a medical or clinical science or a first degree in Medicine, Dentistry, or Nursing, a doctor of alternative medicine such as Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO); a first degree in a health profession such as Physiotherapy, Optometry, Pharmacy; or professional training in a health profession such as Dietician, Nutritionist, Exercise Therapist, and Occupational Therapist; or a multidisciplinary scientist such as Molecular Biologist and Biotechnologist from an accredited institution.
|Certificate in Health Professions Entrepreneurship plus CME credits|
Download Application Form from https://lasucom.edu.ng/medical-entrepreneurship-training/ or phone text, call, or email College Entrepreneurship Courses Coordinator or Strategic Insights for the form to be sent to you via Email or WhatsApp.
MODE OF PAYMENT
Please make electronic transfer to: Account Name: LASUCOM Dedicated Revenue, Account Number: 1750027391, Polaris Bank
On your receipt or bank transfer reference, and application form, please indicate the course code ENT CME 090819 or ENT CHPE 090819 (for the 9th August 2019 courses) followed by your initials plus your chosen 4-unit code.
Examples of ID Number: ENT CME 090819 KOJ7897 or ENT CHPE 090819 TAA5271
Return application form, one photocopy of basic evidence of qualification and evidence of payment addressed to College Entrepreneurship Courses Coordinator, c/o Office of The Dean, Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences, LASUCOM. Email and WhatsApp submissions of completed forms are acceptable.
The courses are certificate courses of Lagos State University (LASU) and will be run at Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM).
Qualified participants will earn:
- The LASU Certificate in Medical Entrepreneurship (CME) or
- The LASU Certificate in Health Professions Entrepreneurship (CHPE)
- Participants at each module will receive 10 CME credits from Strategic Insights.
Objectives of the External Courses in Medical and Health Professions Entrepreneurship.
- Attendants should enjoy the interactive pedagogic instruments provided during the course: tutorials, exercises, case studies, simulations, videos, workshops, and real-life cases.
- Attendants should appreciate the importance of state-of-the-arts facilities and functions in entrepreneurship as well as management of basic facilities and functions.
- Attendants should be informed towards innovative service, interdisciplinary approach, and sustainability.
- Attendants should initiate their own self-directed, life-long learning in competencies and competitiveness.
- Attendants should learn basic research skills to become profitable members of a knowledge society.
- Attendants should develop adaptive thinking capable of conquering emerging challenges of an entrepreneurship.
- Attendants should become able to manage their entrepreneurship within economic, social, political, and philosophical environs through a clear vision and strategy.
- Attendants are awarded 10 CME credits per module.
- Attendees may take one or more modules during a course and complete missed modules in future courses. Each module is awarded 10 CME credits. The certificate is awarded to attendees that have completed all the 8 required modules.
Next available dates are scheduled for August 2019
|Eight modules of the certificate courses (CME or CHPE)|
|August 2019||Friday 9th||Saturday 10th||Friday 16th||Saturday 17th|
|Module 1||Module 2||Module 3||Module 4|
|Friday 23rd||Saturday 24th||Friday 30th||Saturday 31st|
|Module 5||Module 6||Module 7||Module 8|
Space will be allocated according to order of payment. The one-time application fee (N5,000.00) will cover all eight (8) modules of the CME course or CHPE course.
The difference between CME course fee N200, 000.00 and CHPE course fee N250,000.00 is that training will be focussed on clinical interests for CME while CHPE covers the expanse of The Health Sector and related interests.
All activities will be at Lagos State University College of Medicine, (LASUCOM), 1-5 Oba Akinjobi Way, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos.
For more information, call College Entrepreneurship Courses Coordinator: +2348160944635 or +2348176984127 (WhatsApp) between the hours of 8am – 5pm or Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Information can also be obtained from The Consultant, Strategic Insights via phone: +2347087733114 or email: email@example.com