MEDICAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING
THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
The LASUCOM Health Professions Entrepreneurship Training Program (HPETP) is a part of LASU Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies (LASU-CES).
Since 2011, The HPETP is being developed:
- to run the regular entrepreneurship courses, ENT 202 (Basic Principles of Entrepreneurship) and ENT 302 (Practical Entrepreneurship) which are compulsory curricular courses for all LASU students including medical students;
- to run short external certificate courses in medical and health professions entrepreneurship; and
- to partner with private and public sectors in generating or enhancing medical entrepreneurs and in the production of medical entrepreneurial products.
COURSES RUN BY THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
ENT 202 BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP (3 Units) Second Semester
Definition of entrepreneurship and turning knowledge into profit, entrepreneurship in personal development, entrepreneurship in national development, capitalization and market forces, entrepreneurial outfit, making a business plan, making a feasibility study, logistics, entrepreneurial relationships, entrepreneurial ethics, taking risks and facing threats, managing crises, entrepreneurial qualities and skills, recycling profit, diversification and ensuring sustainability.
ENT 302 PRACTICAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP (3 Units) Second Semester
Setting up a medical entrepreneurship, manufacturing unit, hospital, dental clinic, pharmacy, large scale herb production and packaging. Creation of new venture of the particular type. Determining the capital requirements for the venture. Financial planning and management of the venture. Staffing required for such a venture. Particular skills for the venture. Equipment usage and materials for the venture. Insurance and sustainability of the venture. Environmental considerations for the success of the venture. New developments and future trends for the venture
EXTERNAL COURSES IN COLLABORATION WITH STRATEGIC INSIGHTS
The Lagos State University Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies, in the teaching of practical skills in entrepreneurship, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who are desirous of acquiring entrepreneurial skills in medical and health professions for admission into The Centre’s under-listed Entrepreneurship Certificate Programme for the 2018/2019 Academic Session. These programs are more of an on-hand practical training than didactic lecture programs.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EXECUTIVE COURSES IN MEDICAL AND HEALTH PROFESSIONS ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Applicants for the Certificate Course in Medical Entrepreneurship
The Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies requires prospective candidates for the Certificate Course in Medical Entrepreneurship to have a first degree in Medicine or Dentistry such as MBBS or BDS; a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, a Bachelor of Science in a medical or clinical science, or a Higher National Diploma in a medical or clinical science from an accredited institution.
Applicants for the Certificate Course in Health Professions Entrepreneurship
The Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies requires prospective candidates for the Certificate Course in Health Professions Entrepreneurship to have a first degree in a medical or clinical science, or a Higher National Diploma in a medical or clinical science or a first degree in Medicine, Dentistry, or Nursing, a doctor of alternative medicine such as Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO); a first degree in a health professions such as Physiotherapy, Optometry, Pharmacy; or professional training in a health profession such as Dietician, Nutritionist, Exercise Therapist, and Occupational Therapist; or a multidisciplinary scientist such as Molecular Biologist and Biotechnologist from an accredited institution.
|S/N||TITLE OF COURSE||DURATION||FEE (N)|
|1||Certificate Course in Medical Entrepreneurship
|64 hours spread over 4 weekends:
Friday & Saturday 9am-5pm
|2||Certificate Course in Health Professions Entrepreneurship||64 hours spread over 4 weekends:
Friday & Saturday 9am-5pm
The courses are certificate courses of Lagos State University (LASU) and will be run at Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM).
Qualified participants will earn:
- The LASU Certificate in Medical Entrepreneurship (CME) or
- The LASU Certificate in Health Professions Entrepreneurship (CHPE)
Objectives of the External Courses in Medical and Health Professions Entrepreneurship.
- Attendants should enjoy the interactive pedagogic instruments provided during the course: tutorials, exercises, case studies, simulations, videos, workshops, and real-life cases.
- Attendants should appreciate the importance of state-of-the-arts facilities and functions in entrepreneurship as well as management of basic facilities and functions.
- Attendants should be informed towards innovative service, interdisciplinary approach, and sustainability.
- Attendants should initiate their own self-directed, life-long learning in competencies and competitiveness.
- Attendants should learn basic research skills to become profitable members of a knowledge society.
- Attendants should develop adaptive thinking capable of conquering emerging challenges of an entrepreneurship.
- Attendants should become able to manage their entrepreneurship within economic, social, political, and philosophical environs through a clear vision and strategy.
- Attendants are awarded 10 CME credits per module.
All activities will be at Lagos State University College of Medicine, (LASUCOM), 1-5 Oba Akinjobi Way, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos.
Strategic Insights Healthcare, The Hospital Ltd, http://the-hospitals.com
For more information contact:
College Entrepreneurship Courses Coordinator, Office of The Provost, Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM, 1-5 Oba Akinjobi Way, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos.
Phone: 08176984127 08160944635