Department of Chemical Pathology
The undergraduate course of study in Chemical Pathology is designed to highlight the central role which abnormalities of biochemical and metabolic functions of cells, tissues and organs play in the prevention, diagnosis, management and prognosis of disease states. It also teaches how these abnormalities of biochemical and metabolic functions may be recognized by performing relevant tests that is, measurements of components of biological fluids, tissues or organs. There is emphasis on the need to interpret results of such tests, in the context of the overall clinical picture that is, clinical diagnosis, prognosis, response to treatment by group of disease or individual patients.
- Exploration into the mode of action of Herbal Medicine.
MODE OF INSTRUCTIONS
- Didactic lectures
- Use of Teaching Aids
- Laboratory Practicals and Clerkship.
ASSESSMENT OF STUDENTS
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Essay Questions (Long & Short questions)
- Iii. Practical Performance of relevant tests.