Department of Medicine
Official e mail: Olajumoke.email@example.com
Mobile number: 08033018161
- Obafemi Awolowo University. 1990
- FWACP (Neurology). 2007
Research Expertise: Neuro-infectious diseases, Movement disorders
- Oshinaike Olajumoke O, Okubadejo Njideka U, Ojini Frank I and Danesi Mustapha A. (2009)
‘The clinical spectrum of neurological manifestations in HIV/AIDS patients on HAART at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Lagos, Nigeria.’
Nig Qt J Hosp Med 19(4): 181-5
- Njideka U Okubadejo, Oluwadamilola O Ojo and Olajumoke O Oshinaike. (2010)
‘The clinical profile of Parkinsonism and Parkinson’s disease in Lagos, Southwestern Nigeria.’
BMC Neurology 10:1
- Oshinaike O.O,Okubadejo NU, Ojini FI and Danesi MA. (2010)
‘A preliminary study of the frequency of focal neurological deficits in HIV/AIDS patients seropositive for Toxoplasma gondii IgG in Lagos, Nigeria.’
Nig Qt J Hosp Med 20(3):104-7
- Olajumoke Oshinaike, Akinsegun Akinbami, Oluwadamilola Ojo, Anthonia Ogbera, Njideka Okubadejo, Frank Ojini and Mustapha Danesi. (2012)
‘Influence of age and neurotoxic HAART use on frequency of HIV sensory neuropathy.’
AIDS Research and Treatment :96510
- Oshinaike Olajumoke O, Akinbami Akinsegun A, Ojo Oluwadamilola O, Ojini Frank I, Okubadejo Njideka U, Danesi Mustapha A. (2012)
‘Comparison of the Mini-mental state examination scale and the International HIV dementia scale in assessing cognitive function in Nigerian HIV patients on antiretroviral therapy’
AIDS Research and Treatment : 581531
- Oshinaike Olajumoke O, Ojelabi Olaitan O, Ogbera Anthonia O, Ojo Oluwadamilola O, Ajose Frances A, Okubadejo Njideka U.(2012)
‘Improving case fatality rate of adult tetanus in urban Nigeria: focus on better facilities of care.’
Tropical Doctor 42: 208–210
- Oshinaike Olajumoke, Akinbami Akinsegun, Okubadejo Njideka, Ojo Oluwadamilola, Ojelabi Olaitan, Dosunmu OA Adediran A. (2013)
‘New-onset seizures in HIV patients on antiretroviral therapy at a Tertiary centre in South-west, Nigeria’
World Journal of AIDS 3: 67-7
- Olajumoke Oshinaike, Oluwadamilola Ojo, Njideka Okubadejo, Olaitan Ojelabi, Akinola Dada.(2014)
‘Primary headache disorders at a tertiary health facility in Lagos, Nigeria: Prevalence and consultation patterns.’
Biomed Research International 782915
- Oshinaike Olajumoke, Anthonia Ogbera, Alfred Azenabor, Olaitan Ojelabi, Akinola Dada. (2015)
'Effect of Sub-clinical Hypothyroidism on first ever acute Ischemic stroke.'
Nig. Qt. J. Hosp. Med. Vol. 25(2)
- Olajumoke Oshinaike, Akinsegun Akinbami, Olaitan Ojelabi, Akinola Dada, Adedoyin Dosunmu (2014)
‘Quality of sleep in an HIV population on antiretroviral therapy at an urban tertiary centre in Lagos, Nigeria’
Neurology Research International 298703
- 11. Olaumoke Oshinaike, Shamsideen Ogun (2018)
'Mobile phone headaches amongst medical students of the Lagos State University: Prevalence and features'
Annals of Clinical sciences Vol 3 Number 1
- Olajumoke O. Oshinaike, Shamsideen A. Ogun (2018)
'Sleep quality in patients with Parkinson's disease in a tertiary hospital in Lagos, Nigeria.'
Annals of Clinical sciences Vol 3 Number 1
The Department of Medicine provides clinical training in all disciplines of Medicine for undergraduate medical students towards the attainment of the MB;BS degrees of the Lagos State University.
The department also provides post-graduate training for residents in Internal Medicine for the attainment of fellowship awards of the various Postgraduate Medical Colleges.
- To train medical students to be professionally competent in clinical assessment, investigation and management of the various diseases in all organs of the body.
- To develop and train medical students to appreciate the importance of evidence-based medicine in clinical practice. Hence to be prepared to undertake independent studies for self-development, research and acquisition of clinical problem-solving skills.
- To inculcate high ethical, professional and personal standards and values into the training of medical students, with a view to producing competent and reliable medical doctors.
The Department supports the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital with consultants in various specialties of Internal Medicine for the training of resident doctors towards the attainment of fellowships of the various Postgraduate Medical Colleges.
The Department supports the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital with consultants in various specialties of Internal Medicine for tertiary level of medical care in the hospital.
Units of the Department
- Pulmonary Unit
- Nephrology Unit
- Gastroenterology Unit
- Cardiology Unit
- Dermatology Unit
- Endocrinology Unit
- Neurology Unit
Research activities are encouraged and supported by the department towards advancement of knowledge and the improvement of medical practice.
MODE OF INSTRUCTIONS
Students are taught through a series of academic and clinical activities which include: Lectures, Seminars, Teaching Rounds, Clinical Demonstrations, Medical Grand Rounds, Journal Club activities, Clinical Quiz sessions, Radiology Review sessions, Morbidity/Mortality Reviews and LASUTH monthly Grand Round.
MEDICAL STUDENTS' POSTINGS
- Basic Clinical Skills
- Junior Medicine Posting
- Special (Intermediate) Posting
- Senior Medicine Posting
ASSESSMENT OF STUDENTS
Students are assessed through In-Course and End-of-Course Examinations using Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Short Answer Questions (SAQ), Long and Short Cases Examination and the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).